- The ICCE curriculum pattern is designed to provide a broad range of study options to suit students’ learning and aspirational interests and needs. Both breadth and depth of study are accommodated within the ICCE curriculum pattern.
- The ICCE also recognizes that students benefit from engaging with learning contexts that extend their thinking beyond the immediate acquisition of subject knowledge and understanding.
- The foundational premise of the ICCE curriculum philosophy is that subject mastery is an essential foundational undertaking that underpins all other thinking activities and outcomes.
- It is recognized that students need to be extended beyond merely learning factual information or understanding concepts, into the application of higher order/critical thinking skills.
- The extension of learning into creative thinking applications is consistent with the Biblical perspective that is fundamental to the ICCE curriculum philosophy. The Lord Jesus defined wisdom in terms of applying what is heard or learnt; he said, “Blessed are those who hear the Word of God and keep it” (Luke 11:28). In the Epistle of James we read, “He who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does”.
- Coursework components required for the ICCE are as follows: